HOW TO MAKE LAYERED CHRISTMAS CARDS WITH YOUR CRICUT CUTTING MACHINE
You all know the song. We all wish we can be home for the holidays even when it isn’t possible.
I created this cute card to be a way of letting your loved ones know you will be home to celebrate the holiday or just a warm and inviting card to give your family and friends.
The card is a layered design which means it has some thickness to it. I also used foam squares to add some dimension to the coach lights and wreath on the front door.
In this tutorial, I’ll give you my step by step instructions and tell you what materials I think work best when making this project.
You can download the SVG file for this project at the bottom of this post.
This post contains some affiliate links (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you). Read my full disclosure policy here.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS CARD – MATERIALS LIST
- I am using the FABULOUS Cricut Maker. You could also use your Cricut Explore Air 2!
- Cricut LightGrip Cutting Mat (blue) or Cricut StandardGrip Cutting Mat (green)
- Cricut Scoring Wheel or Scoring Stylus
- Cardstock in your choice of colors. I am using my white cardstock for the card base and grays, browns, reds, and black.
- Glue or Adhesive
- Cricut Brayer
- Cricut Scraper
- Cricut Tweezers (optional but helpful!)
- Foam squares, small and large (optional)
The front of this card came out just as I intended when I designed it. It is so warm and inviting. I just want to walk right through that front door! I hope you are able to make one of these for family and friends.
Post a photo in the comment section or tag your projects on social media @thebeardedhousewife using the hashtag #beardedhousewife! I’d love to see how yours turn out!!
WANT THE FREE SVG FILE SO YOU CAN MAKE THIS LAYERED CHRISTMAS CARD YOURSELF?
GET IT FROM MY RESOURCE LIBRARY! YOU’LL RECEIVE THE PASSWORD FOR THE RESOURCE LIBRARY INSTANTLY AFTER FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW!