HOW TO MAKE A DIY TOOL BOX CARD WITH A CRICUT
Are you struggling on what to do for dear old dad? Can’t bring yourself to gift him another tie? How about make him something?!? With my DIY Tool Box Card, you’ll be able to create something special and unique. Just like he is!!
In this tutorial, I’ll give you my step by step instructions and tell you what materials I think work best when making this project.
You can download the SVG file for this project at the bottom of this post.
First, I use my Cricut for almost everything. Well, not everything but pretty close! I designed this tutorial with a Cricut or cutting machine in mind and refer back to them often. You certainly don’t need one to do this project though! If you download my project file, it will include PDF versions of each piece to this card that you can just print off on your computer and assemble! How easy is that?!
This post contains some affiliate links (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you). Read my full disclosure policy here.
DIY TOOL BOX CARD – MATERIALS LIST
- I am using the FABULOUS Cricut Maker. You could also use your Cricut Explore Air 2 or even the new Cricut Joy!
- Cricut cardstock in your choice or color. I used red, tan, black and white in this tutorial
- Cricut metallic poster board. I used red on the drawer fronts for the tool box and silver for the tool metal. This step is totally optional but I think it ads a bit of dimension and interest to your card!
- Cricut Scoring Wheel or Stylus
- Cricut LightGrip Cutting Mat (blue)
- Glue. I used Aleene’s Tacky Glue.
- Foam squares or glue dots
I am sure your dad will love this unique card! Sure to please any “tool guy”!
Post a photo in the comment section or tag your projects on social media @thebeardedhousewife using the hashtag #beardedhousewife! I’d love to see how you transform this card!
WANT THE FREE SVG FILE SO YOU MAKE THE TOOL BOX CARD YOURSELF?
GET IT FROM MY RESOURCE LIBRARY! YOU’LL RECEIVE THE PASSWORD FOR THE RESOURCE LIBRARY INSTANTLY AFTER FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW!